Last updated 10.11.21
Safe & Secure
Guidelines for exhibitors
To ensure the health and safety of everyone at the show, we may be asking all attendees, including visitors, exhibitors, contractors, venue and organiser staff, to verify their COVID-19 status on arrival. Requirements for events change on a frequent basis so please check back for further information as we approach the show as we will be updating this page on a regular basis. Details on how to prove your COVID-19 status and FAQs can be found here
We take our responsibility for the Health & Safety for everybody at our events incredibly seriously. Should you have any comments, questions or suggestions in relation to our systems and processes around our Safe & Secure measures, or indeed in relation to anything related to Health & Safety at our events, please e-mail us directly: Exhibitor@springfair.com
This is an anchor
Before the event
Exhibitor Manual, Forms & Risk Assessment
- Please remember to thoroughly read your exhibitor manual and exhibitor guidance as they contain detailed information on the COVID-19 measures you will need to consider and all relevant Health & Safety documentation you must complete in advance of the event.
- Please share your stand builder’s details with us so that we can give them access to the manual and the Exhibitor Guidance containing COVID-19 specific measures. This can be done via the Contractor Undertaking form in your manual.
- In your event Risk Assessment, it is now compulsory that you/your contractor consider transmission of COVID-19 as a new risk and the control measures that will be implemented to minimise this risk.
- As an exhibitor it is your responsibility to create a safe and secure environment on your stand throughout the duration of the show.
- Consider the layout and design of your stand to ensure you can undertake construction and visitor interaction in a safe and controlled manner.
- Consider all the stand design measures you can use to reduce transmission:
- New innovative ways of displaying your product that will increase floorspace.
- Consider how you conduct demonstrations so that you can safely manage your audience.
- Order furniture that can be cleaned easily
- consider social distancing signage
- for larger stands, you may want to implement entry and exit points, screens at welcome desks and control measures for any meeting tables/facilities
Awareness & communication
- Brief your team about all the control measures that will be implemented by us, yourselves and the venue.
- The venue website, social media and emails will supply you with up to date information regarding guidelines in place at the show.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Consider conducting your pre-show onsite stand briefing in advance or online.
- We have implemented a reduced contact registration system. It is important that you pre-register all staff and print all staff badges prior to arrival to help support this.
- Please pay careful attention to all communications sent out from the Autumn Fair show team regarding the registration process as there will be specific instruction for each individual show.
- You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or feeling unwell in any way.
- Please consider reducing the complexity of your stand build. This will help reduce staff numbers, the amount of time required to build and should save you money!
- Ensure to plan accordingly so that your contractors finish constructing your stand before your team unpack and display your products.
This is an anchor
At the event
Cleaning & personal hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser. Fixed hand sanitising stations will be available on-site in high traffic areas.
- We are a mask-friendly event. It is no longer currently not mandatory to wear masks within event spaces in England, however. we do encourage all attendees to consider wearing masks, especially when in enclosed or crowded spaces.
- Please provide hand sanitiser and all other necessary PPE on your stand, for your staff/visitors. Encourage its use when anyone enters and leaves your stand space.
- Please implement regular cleaning of all spaces on your stand, ensuring a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day. Pay particular attention to high traffic touchpoints such as meeting rooms, info desks, displays and handrails.
- A cleaning log positioned in a prominent location on your stand may be a useful way to capture and demonstrate the cleaning regime you have put in place.
- Along with the NEC, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced, cleaning regime of all features and public areas prior to show opening and during show open periods.
Code of Conduct
- For your comfort we have made the majority of gangways 3 metres wide.
- When walking around the event, we ask you to please remember that some people will be more comfortable in the environment than others. As a result:
- Please give people space when you are walking past them.
- Check before initiating personal contact (consider elbow bumps rather than handshakes or hugs).
- Rather than exchanging business cards we encourage you to use data capture devices to ensure contact free sharing of business details – this could be in the form of a QR code for visitors to scan. Details of solutions that can be offered by our registration partner VIST GES can be found within the exhibitor manual.
- As the industry builds itself back, remember different pressures people may be facing, please be kind to each other.
- For the increased comfort of your buyers, you could consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times.
Event and venue facilities
- At the NEC no cash will be taken at catering outlets and cloakrooms so all customers will need to have contactless payment methods available.
- For stand catering and hospitality please liaise directly with the venue for options and ordering.
- Theatres: Please ensure you arrive for any sessions in plenty of time Theatres will be cleaned between each session and will have managed capacities.
- Cloakrooms at the NEC will be in operation.
- Please visit the venue website to view their specific COVID-19 measures.
This is an anchor
After the event
Track & Trace
We are confident the measures that we and the venue will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process.
The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track and trace.