Safe & Secure
Connecting our customers and communities safely
Your health, safety and comfort have been, and continue to be, a top priority. We are dedicated to delivering safe and secure events which support the recovery of the UK retail industry.
In light of this, we have developed our industry-leading Safe & Secure standards. We've worked closely with our industry association, the AEO (Association of Event Organisers) in order to establish the guidance which has been approved by UK government. This has allowed us to confidently launch our comprehensive Safe & Secure guidelines to deliver health and safety standards that put the minds of our community at ease. Please also look out for our Safe & Secure stamp. Wherever you see this logo, digitally or onsite, it confirms that we have ensured the highest health and safety standards across the event.
In line with latest government guidance and the Association of Event Organisers, Autumn Fair has taken the decision to verify attendee COVID-19 status on arrival at the event (to include visitors, exhibitors, contractors, venue and organiser staff).
This means all attendees will need to demonstrate proof of COVID-19 status for entry to the event. This will need to be one of the following:
- Proof of completion of a full course of vaccination two weeks prior to arrival.
- Proof of a negative ateral Flow Test result taken within 48hrs of arrival.
- Proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period.
For further details on how to prove your COVID status and FAQs please click here.
Verification areas will be clearly signposted on arrival at the venue. Once verified, your badge will allow you access to the show.
- If your proof is a negative lateral flow test and you are onsite for multiple days this will need to be retaken and reported again every 72hrs. We recommend if this applies to you that you bring additional tests with you when you travel.
We have made the decision to implement COVID-19 status checks, even though this is not currently mandated within government guidelines, as the evidence suggests that this is the best way for us to reduce the risk of transmission within the event itself.
Putting these checks in place add an additional layer of reassurance for all attendees once they are inside the event.
Safe & Secure Guidance:
The risk of COVID-19 transmission will never fully be eliminated and so the advice below should be considered when planning your time at the event.
Mask wearing: We are a mask friendly event.
It is no longer mandatory to wear masks, however, we do encourage all attendees to consider wearing masks, especially when in enclosed or crowded spaces.
The NEC will require anyone using a shuttle bus to wear a mask on board and request that masks are worn in public circulation spaces inside the venue.
If you are an exhibitor, please click here to access our extended guide with information on build-up, break-down & stand design.
This is an anchor
This is an anchor
Before the event
Awareness & Communication
- The venue website, social media and emails will supply you with up to date information regarding guidelines in place at the show.
- Please check your government advice for guidance on travelling overseas before entering the country.
- Using the floor plan, exhibitor list and matchmaking app, plan your time at the event and try to book meetings in advance.
- Please ensure you register and print your badge before attending the event – this is crucial, as we have implemented a reduced-contact registration system so there will be very limited opportunity to do this onsite.
- Please pay careful attention to all communications sent out from the Autumn Fair show team regarding the registration process as there will be specific instruction for each individual show.
- You or your staff should not attend the event if you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
This is an anchor
At the event
Cleaning & personal hygiene
- Please carry your own hand sanitiser and apply when you enter and leave exhibitor stands, features and theatres. There will be hand sanitising stations available on-site in high traffic areas.
- We have asked exhibitors to ensure a deeper clean before, during and after the show opens each day; paying particular attention to high traffic touchpoints and consider visible cleaning logs.
- Along with the NEC, we are conducting a thorough, enhanced cleaning regime of all public areas and features prior to show opening and during show open periods.
Code of Conduct
- For your comfort we have made the majority of gangways 3metres wide
- When walking around the event, we ask you to please remember that as we come back together some people will be more comfortable in the environment than others. As a result:
- Please give people space when you are walking past them.
- Check before initiating personal contact (consider elbow bumps rather than handshakes or hugs).
- Rather than exchanging business cards exhibitors have been encouraged to use data capture devices to ensure contact free sharing of business details – look out for QR codes on stands.
- As the industry builds itself back, remember different pressures people may be facing, please be kind to each other.
- Consider arranging meetings in advance at less busy times.
Event and venue facilities
- At the NEC no cash will be taken at catering outlets and cloakrooms so all customers will need to have contactless payment methods available.
- Theatres: Please ensure you arrive for any sessions in plenty of time Theatres will be cleaned between each session and will have managed capacities.
- Cloakrooms at the NEC will be in operation.
- Please visit the venue website to view their specific COVID-19 measures.
This is an anchor
After the event
Track & Trace
We are confident the measures that we and the venue will be putting in place will make our event as safe as possible. Please ensure you give accurate information throughout the registration process.
The relevant local authorities will contact you if there’s a need to update you regarding track and trace.