Vend's Remarkable Retailers Report 2019
Independent retailers across the UK are thriving through innovation.
A panel of Vend retail experts built a collection of fourteen stories about forward-thinking retailers in the UK who are doing extraordinary things in the areas of sustainability, experience, technology, and product.
Here is a sneak peak of the retailers you will find in the report below:
- Watershed, an independent brand and concept store whose business is rooted in storytelling and thoughtful product curation. Even more interesting is that Watershed crafts custom surfboards, and runs “Surf Shack” — an accommodation experience for surfers.
- The Edit, a retailer with 4 fashion boutiques in Cheshire. The Edit’s award-winning store design helps them create comfortable and memorable in-store experiences. Their changing rooms, for instance, are extra large so mums can bring in their kids and baby strollers.
- Soden Style, an interior concept store that runs trend-driven seasonal pop-ups that are open for a limited time.
- Cositas, a home and gift store that has a shoppable 3-D virtual tour of their store. Cositas also conducts workshops to continuously drive in-store traffic.
- We Built This City, a hugely popular brick-and-mortar store that showcases London-inspired goods from artists, designers, and makers living and working in the city. WBTC also creates strong retail experiences by letting artists work live in the store, so guests can see them in action. What’s more, WBTC allows artists to customise their storefront and window display to showcase their work.
- Isle Skye Candle Co, a candle shop that’s driven by sustainable business practices. Founded in 2006, they have had a conscious commitment to the use of natural ingredients and finding new ways to be environmentally friendly.
- Papersmiths, a design-led stationery and paper goods brand that implements data-driven product assortments.
Vend will be at Autumn Fair, stand 9H51 Halls 9 & 10. Come along and chat all things retail software with their Retail Experts. If you’d like to set up a specific time to chat at Autumn Fair, email [email protected].
Disclaimer: This research was done by two of the Autumn Fair speakers, Vend and Bira, Autumn Fair had no part in the independent retailer selection process.