- What these terms cover. These terms apply to professional buyers, engaging in our Curated Meetings Programme in connection with trade, business, craft or procurement. These terms govern your use of the platform where we facilitate the introduction of sponsoring organisations to you in connection with events, meetings and small group peer discussions. Your acceptance of these terms will take place when you click the checkbox for “I ACCEPT” during the registration process, at which point a binding contract will come into existence between you and us.
- The Program/Our Service. We provide a platform to facilitate events to connect interested parties in a variety of sectors and enable businesses to network and trade at scale. You can select which participating sponsors you’d like to connect with by searching on the platform. While we may ask the organisations a number of questions, we do not verify any answers provided and our listing of any participating sponsor does not constitute an endorsement of any of their services and/or products. We make no promises or warranties in terms of the success or any particular outcome of any meeting we facilitate and we are not providing any advice or brokering any services in respect of the participating sponsors. Accepting a meeting with a sponsoring company, or requesting one, in no way commits you to doing business with that company.
- Eligibility Requirements. To participate in the program and enjoy the use of the service, you must: (a) be responsible for buying or evaluating solutions, products or services for your organisation; (b) commit to attend at least ten (10) meetings (or such other number as we may specify during the event registration process); (c) attend the event and all meetings to which you are registered at the time and for the duration specified; and (d) complete a pre-event survey (with questions about your organisation and job role) and post-event survey (with questions about your attendance at the event and each meeting), in each case within the deadlines advised by us. At each event, you must meet with participating sponsors at, and for the duration of your allotted timeslot. We will contact you prior to the event to arrange your meetings and notify you of the specific time of your meeting, which we may change on notice to you prior to the start of the event. You must not contact, or attempt to contact, any participating sponsors: (a) registered to attend a meeting in advance of the event (unless you have an existing relationship with such sponsor which was established during the course of normal business and has no connection to us or the service); (b) who were not attendees at your meeting, including those who registered to attend but did not attend; or (c) to change the time of your meeting.
- Information you must provide, including credit card details. We may need certain information from you so that we can provide the service, for example, your name, contact details, details of your organisation and, if applicable, your credit card information. Event specific information may be requested when we discuss the scheduling of meetings with you. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either: (a) suspend the service; (b) end the contract; and/or (c) make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that we require to undertake as a result. You may be asked for your credit card details. By providing your credit card details, you authorise us to process a £1 charge on your credit card to ensure we have valid details to cover charges we may require to make in accordance with these terms.
- Compensation. Provided that you comply with the obligations set out in these terms, you may be entitled to certain benefits which will vary per event and be flagged to you during the event registration process. You have responsibility to ensure that receipt of such compensation complies with your organisation’s internal policies regarding the Bribery Act 2010. We have no responsibility for any compensation you may receive which is subject to the terms made available to you on receipt of the compensation which you need to comply with and confirm that you are comfortable with. You can refuse or reject the benefits or compensation associated with the program.
- Reimbursement. In the instance that we agree to reimburse you for travel and hotel costs (in whole or in part), we will not reimburse for any mileage, points or rewards used for travel. Reimbursement is conditioned upon completion of all your scheduled meetings, submitting feedback and travel/hotel VAT receipts following the event within our agreed deadlines, in each case assessed in our sole discretion.
Failure to comply. Any failure to comply with these terms shall entitle us to terminate your access to the service/stop your participation in the program. Any failure to comply with the eligibility requirements, including if you fail to attend any meeting at the relevant meeting time for the committed duration will entitle us: (a) to prohibit your participation in the program (or any similar programmes), any future events and/or meetings (this may be for one year, or longer); (b) to charge you the price of ticket to the relevant event as at the rate set out on www.autumnfair.com/curated-meetings if the ticket was free of charge; (c) charge for reimbursement amount in terms of any compensation that was afforded to you (e.g. the cost of a hotel if we booked accommodation for you); and/ or (d) not refund your travel and accommodation costs incurred up to the agreed amount. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to pro-rate your travel/hotel reimbursement calculated based on the total meetings for which you were scheduled but did not turn up to.
Cancellations/substitutions. If you are approved for the program but become unable to participate even though you are still with your organization you agree to suggest one or more substitutes from our organization as your replacement. Acceptance of any substitute is subject to our prior approval via email. If you cancel your participation and are not able to provide a substitute approved by us, the provisions of section 7 may apply.
Notice of employment change. If you (a) are no longer employed by, or (b) become aware prior to the event that you will no longer be employed by the time of the event by the organisation based upon which you were approved to participate in the program, you must let us know immediately upon your becoming aware so that we can cancel your participation in the program. In such cases, you will no longer be eligible to participate or to receive any associated compensation. At all times, including following the event, we reserve the right to only communicate with you at your work email address regardless of any other email addresses you may have provided to us.
Delays/Cancellations. We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the service is delayed by an event outside our control then we will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible to let you know. We will not be liable for any such delays, in particular we will not be responsible for any costs you may incur and/or loss of compensation as a result of any rescheduling and/or delay (e.g. if you have to change travel plans, so we recommend that you purchase appropriate insurance coverage). For clarity, we will not be obliged to give any equivalent and/or replacement compensation in the event of a cancellation or alteration.
We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a service at any time by writing to you if you do not comply with your obligations as set out in the section on eligibility requirements; or otherwise commit a material breach. We may also end the contract at any time on 30 days’ written notice to you.
When using the service, we may need to use your intellectual property rights on the platform. This includes your image, headshot (and likeness), brand names, logos, trade marks and names of your organisation that you make available. To do this, you grant us a worldwide, royalty free, non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use the intellectual property rights. By attending an event, you grant us the right at the event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any and all media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media on a live and/or recorded basis (as we may film the event) without any further approval from or any payment to you. The permission will last as long as we consider necessary to promote you (and at least 2 years as between events), unless you request that it is deleted.
Business contact information. We may process your business contact information (for example name, business telephone number, job title and business email address) for the purpose of providing, accessing and using the service and managing our general relationship. For this purpose we will comply with data protection laws. Please see further details in our privacy notice accessible here. As part of providing the service, we will share your name and relevant business information that you provided to us to participating sponsors; although we will only share your email address with those participating sponsors that you met as part of the Curated Meetings Programme after the event.
Additional data protection requirements. Where you receive any personal data in connection with the service, including that of a participating sponsor, you will process such data: (a) as a separate and independent controller; and (b) in compliance with the requirements of data protection laws in relation to your subsequent processing of such personal data. You will no longer have access to the service, or any of the information stored on the platform, when the contract ends. If you wish to keep details of any meetings that you scheduled using the service, you are responsible for such storage.
Confidentiality. You will not at any time during the contract, and for a period of five years after termination of the contract, disclose to any person any confidential information concerning our business, affairs, customers, clients or suppliers that you may receive in connection with the service/program. You will not provide us with information to make available on the service that you consider commercially sensitive and acknowledge that certain participating sponsors will have access to any information you elect to share.
Problems/Complaints. If you have any questions or complaints about the service, please contact us and provide us with a full description of the issue. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 working days. If we are do not or are not able to resolve your complaint within 30 working days from the date of our first response (both parties acting reasonably), the issue may be referred for mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution Model Mediation Procedure, who will appoint a mediator. You agree that the decision of the mediator will be the final decision and will be binding on both you and us. Neither you nor we may commence court proceedings in relation to any dispute arising out of this contract until you and we have attempted to settle the dispute by mediation and either the mediation has terminated or the other party has failed to participate in the mediation.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable); (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
- We will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for: (i) any loss of profit; (ii) any wasted expenditure; (iii) any loss of revenue; (iv) any loss of opportunity; (v) any loss or corruption of data; (vi) any loss of contract or goodwill; (vii) any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this contract.
- Otherwise, our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, will be limited to £10,000.
- While we help facilitate meetings between you and participating sponsors, we are not responsible for the actions of the participating sponsors. We provide a platform for professional buyers and participating sponsors to engage and discuss transactions however we will have no liability for any transactions ultimately formed or any actions taken by participating sponsors.
- Except for the representations and warranties stated in these terms and conditions, we disclaim all representations and warranties of any kind, express or implied (and whether by statute, law or a course of dealings) to the maximum extent allowed by law. Specifically, we do not warrant that the service will meet your requirements or that they will be fit for a particular purpose or operate without interruption.
Other important terms
- We expect buyers using our service to uphold the highest ethical standards within their organisations. We must both comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to, those relating to anti-bribery, anti-corruption, anti-tax evasion and modern slavery. You must adhere to any policies which we may make available to you from time to time for these laws, and your own policies if you need to have them to comply with such requirements.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person will have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
- We are Hyve UK Events LTD a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 07925964 and our registered office is at 2 Kingdom Street, London, England, W2 6JG. You can contact us by telephoning our team at 020 3545 9400 or by writing to us at CuratedMeetings@Hyve.Group or 2 Kingdom Street, London, England, W2 6JG.